The Center for Social and Economic Behavior (C-SEB) at the University of Cologne (UoC) brings together Cologne-based researchers from economics, management science, and psychology. Together with internationally renowned scientists from Europe and the USA, they investigate the fundamental principles and behavioral mechanisms that affect social and economic behavior. Since its establishment in 2019, the Cluster of Excellence ECONtribute is an important partner.
Social and economic behavior is shaping almost all aspects of our lives. But it does not only influence the actions of individuals. Behavior and its underlying motivation and cognition, also affects the success of societies, politics, markets and organizations. Understanding its determinants, and how it can be ‘managed’, is thus of crucial importance for understanding and addressing major challenges to society and humanity.
C-SEB aims to develop an empirically based theory of the institutions that define economic incentives and of the conditions that influence information processing in social and economic contexts. Using a behavioral economics and social cognition approach, the center examines how these mechanisms can be designed and manipulated. C-SEB seeks to build a bridge between laboratory research and real-world contexts in order to contribute to solutions to contemporary challenges in the economy.
Pia Pinger receives the prestigious ERC Starting Grant for her project “OPPORTUNITY – Inequalities in Decision-Making at Critical Junctions in …
Matthias Sutter‘s new book “Der menschliche Faktor oder worauf es im Berufsleben ankommt” has just been published in its second …
4. December 2023 @ 12:00 - 14:00 tbd
4. December 2023 @ 16:00 - 17:00 via ZOOM
5. December 2023 @ 12:00 - 13:00 Room 3.206, Studierenden Service Center (SSC) (Building 102), Universitätsstraße 22a, 50923 Köln
Beatrice I. J. M. van der Heijden (Radboud University) - "How Supervisor’s Life-Span Related HRM Practices relate to Work-Related Flow and Employability: The Role of Leader-Member Exchange"
6. December 2023 @ 12:00 - 13:15 Room 3.206, Studierenden Service Center (SSC) (Building 102), Universitätsstraße 22a, 50923 Köln
12. December 2023 @ 12:00 - 13:00 Room 3.206, Studierenden Service Center (SSC) (Building 102), Universitätsstraße 22a, 50923 Köln