The Center for Social and Economic Behavior (C-SEB) at the University of Cologne (UoC) brings together Cologne-based researchers from economics, management science, and psychology. Together with internationally renowned scientists from Europe and the USA, they investigate the fundamental principles and behavioral mechanisms that affect social and economic behavior. Since its establishment in 2019, the Cluster of Excellence ECONtribute is an important partner.
Social and economic behavior is shaping almost all aspects of our lives. But it does not only influence the actions of individuals. Behavior and its underlying motivation and cognition, also affects the success of societies, politics, markets and organizations. Understanding its determinants, and how it can be ‘managed’, is thus of crucial importance for understanding and addressing major challenges to society and humanity.
C-SEB aims to develop an empirically based theory of the institutions that define economic incentives and of the conditions that influence information processing in social and economic contexts. Using a behavioral economics and social cognition approach, the center examines how these mechanisms can be designed and manipulated. C-SEB seeks to build a bridge between laboratory research and real-world contexts in order to contribute to solutions to contemporary challenges in the economy.
The Center for Social and Economic Behavior (C-SEB) is seeking a Student Assistant and looks forward to receiving your application. …
C-SEB has approved/awarded 19 projects for funding in the 15th funding round: Junior Start-Up Grants Sercan Demir – “Impact of …
Prof. Dr. Axel Ockenfels has published a policy brief (only in German) together with Prof. Achim Wambach, PhD at the …
7. February 2023 @ 14:00 - 15:00 Room 3.206, Studierenden Service Center (SSC) (Building 102), Universitätsstraße 22a, 50923 Köln
Ernesto Reuben (NYU Abu Dhabi) - Performance feedback andgender
14. April 2023 @ 12:00 - 12:45 via ZOOM
25. April 2023 @ 12:00 - 13:00 Room 3.206, Studierenden Service Center (SSC) (Building 102), Universitätsstraße 22a, 50923 Köln
Ingar Haaland (Norwegian School of Economics (NHH)) -"Misperceived Returns to Active Investing"
5. May 2023 @ 10:00 - 18:30 IN VIA GASTRO, Stolzestraße 1a, 50674 Köln, Germany
16. May 2023 @ 12:00 - 13:00 Room 3.206, Studierenden Service Center (SSC) (Building 102), Universitätsstraße 22a, 50923 Köln